STV for BC - Vote Yes!

Friday, May 13, 2005

How to Use This Site

In case you are here for the first time, I thought I would explain the layout of this blog.

The main column down the centre includes all my various thoughts (posts) about STV over the last few months. It includes links to useful sites, interesting essays, various stuff which has occurred to me, rebuttals of some 'no' arguments and so on. Posts are listed in reverse chronological order (most recent first and then going back in time). Older posts can be accessed by the monthly archive links down near the bottom of the siebar on the right. You can also search the blog using the search field in the upper left corner.

The sidebar on the right contains a lot of links. The first 4 under 'The Basics' explain in my own words how we've come to this point, what STV is and why I am going to vote 'Yes'. Under 'Essential Links' I picked a few sites which I feel have the most information to offer (most of these, with the exception of 'Understanding STV' are tilted in favour of a 'Yes' vote).

Below that I have a list of links to any blog posts I found which discuss STV in B.C. They vary from one line assessments to thorough and eloquent analyses. Click and see for yourself.

Anyway you get the picture, continuing on down I have links to some FAQ's on STV as well as some links to lists of links on STV (there's just too many links to put them all in the sidebar).

The aim is to help people make an informed decision and also to explain why I support a 'Yes' vote. Hope it helps!

---
Note: I will be out of town for the weekend so if you email me and I don't get back to you until Sunday night, that's why. Have a good weekend all.

4 Comments:

  • Please add another blog supportive of voting reform. The Canadian Taxpayers Federation has long supported voting change.

    Check our blog at:

    www.taxpayersfederation.blogspot.com

    By Blogger David MacLean, at 9:25 PM  

  • Thanks for the tip David, I had the CTF covered indirectly via 'Conservative Groundswell' but didn't realize it had its own blog (now added in the 'in favour' column).

    By Blogger Declan, at 11:48 PM  

  • Better late than never- I will be voting yes tomorrow.

    You can place West Coast Chaos in the affirmative column.

    By Blogger Temujin, at 8:04 PM  

  • That's good news! - I was hoping you'd come around.

    By Blogger Declan, at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home