STV for BC - Vote Yes!

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Condescension

One of the things I've noticed in a few anti-STV posts recently is the argument that STV is too complicated - not for the person who is writing the post but for other imaginary people such as 'joe sixpack', the 'layman' or the 'average voter'.

I can only speak for myself but few things would irritate me more than to know that someone (who understands STV themselves) is telling people to vote against it because they think it is too confusing for my little brain. If people find STV too complicated for themselves to support then fine, but saying it's too complicated for the 'little people' strikes me as terribly condescending.

1 Comments:

  • It's not just condescending, it's insulting. People who propose such arguments should forget their ivory tower thinking and figure out that the only difference between them and Joe Sixpack is that Joe Sixpack doesn't have a blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home